Sorting out life.



Pub golf was really fun on Wednesday. It involved a lot of walking and lots of drinking awful things. Its definitely the way forward though, I recommend it! There were about 40 of us in total - the wonders of Facebook communication, what would we do without it ay? We ended up dancing the night away at the student club and the best part was that I was fine the next day, not even tired.

I've had some really annoying people commenting on my videos lately. I don't find them offensive, I just find them pitiful and annoying. I would love to know what type of people they are in real life cause even the most pathetic people that I know wouldn't find it vaguely amusing to post (weird) comments on people's videos. Its only about 4 specific people and they post really odd comments even though they have subscribed to me AND favourited my videos. Strange ha.

I spoke about how I needed to chose my options for next year and I decided to pick print journalism and TV. That was a few weeks ago and the deadline passed and everything but I couldn't help but think I'd made the wrong decision. I'm one of these people that if I have a problem, I won't say anything or get help, I'll just sit on it and face the consequences. Luckily though I forced myself to email my level tutor and after a brief conversation and a few emails they have managed to swap me over from TV to online journalism. I'm so happy now, there isn't anything I need to worry about. It made sense all along that I should do online - I know html, I'm good at web-design, I love photography and I spend a lot of time online. I don't know why I chose TV when I really don't like it that much, too much carrying around equipment and trying to arrange interviews. It was a spur of the moment thing I think.

To get some experience under my belt, I think I'll apply to do some radio work at Siren FM next year. It'll look good on my CV and I desperately need things to put on it! I need to go into journobitch mode and chase work. I've got a long enough summer so I'll see what happens.

In other news, I'm on the most subscribed lists - yay!! :)

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    It's cool that you have those options at your uni. My university flat out sucks. It's mainly focused on print, and while it's making strides to add online journalism to their curriculum, it's coming really slowly, so pretty much I'm on my own since I don't want to solely write for print.