
Other photos: click here
Today I had to venture up to Lincoln cathedral as part of a task we were set in a newsgathering seminar. We were each given a different topic relating to Lincoln and we had to go out and get six facts and a quote from someone regarding that subject. I was given the 'Lincoln Imp' which is a pretty famous legend here in England. Anyways, for a winter's day here, the sun was out and it wasn't as cold as it has been so we set out up steep hill to the cathedral.
Lincoln cathedral is an extremely famous cathedral in England cause it is one of the grandest and most beautiful - it is also really old. It was famously used in 'The Da Vinci' code instead of Westminster Abbey because the two buildings look virtually identical inside. One of the main reasons for its popularity is the fact that the city of Lincoln itself is known as being one of the prettiest cities in England. It is really small, quaint and has retained a lot of the old roman aspects and cobbled streets. Its pretty much a stereotypical english 'town'. It is also known as being extremely affluent and the crime rate is quite low ... something rare in cities these days. If you visited, you would see exactly why I chose to study here.
Stepping in there was absolutely breathtaking. I'm still mesmorised by how people actually managed to build buildings like that in those days. It was huge and the pillars and ceilings were just fantastic. I took lots of photos and found out that it is free entry to Lincoln students so I'll definitely be going back.
I found the Lincoln Imp too! It is a tiny little statue mounted on a pillar right up in the rafters of the cathedral. There was a little plaque to help people find it. Legend has it that Satan sent the imp to cause chaos on earth but upon entering the cathedral, an angel turned it to stone. It is a silly little medieval legend that is meant to highlight the evil and goodness in all of us. The Lincoln city football team are known as 'The Lincoln Imps' so that has probably helped the legend to live on.
I took a few photos of the cathedral, the imp and a couple of the streets so if you want to have a look, you can view them on my flickr page: here

Seems like a nice little town. I'll remember to visit it when I get a chance. And those pictures are great!
;; Yaaaay you made a blog!
Lincoln looks shiny. Europe, in general, appears very shiny to me. I love old buildings like that, we have none here.
Too bad most of you peeps hate americans... I wish I could.. travel to Europe... someday.
:x
I wish I could be your friend. I don't have a webcam though.. but still. I wanna be your friend. I've watched your vlogs and such and I think you're pretty cool so. Yeh.